So this past weekend we got a lot accomplished. None of it baby related but still felt good to get done. I work backwards. On Sunday, we met my friend from Ithaca for breakfast at Skylark. She was in town with her boyfriend picking up a boat they bought. I haven't seen her since November, so it was very nice to catch up. After breakfast it was only 10:45am, so we headed to Lowe's to get weed killer. While we were there, we decided to get mulch as well. Then we found a flag and bought that too. So this is a picture of our house
BEFORE:
If you look at the picture below closely you can see a huge pricker thingy that you usually step on barefoot on accident in the yard. This thing was a beast though.
This is just another picture of our lawn before hand
AFTER:
If you look closely you can see our cooper solar lights that we put in front of the flower bed. They were so cool to see last night all lit up.
While we were out working on it all we got 4 compliments. One from each of the two neighbors across the street. One from a lady walking her dog (she liked my tulips). And the 4th from Skeet from church while he was out riding his bike. On a side note, he got a brand new bike. Its the first bike he has actually ever purchased he said. At this point, I felt guilty for not being in church earlier. But I enjoyed seeing my friend and having time to get a lot of things done. We finished up on the yard around 4 pm (we had to go back to Lowe's to get more mulch otherwise we could have been done sooner).
Thursday night after Stanley got out of work at 7 he wanted to put on his forward controls on his bike.So he set up camp in the garage for all of us. Logan's dog bed, a chair for me, tv tray and laptop for me, and a lamp from the living room so create light out there. Then we did this again on Friday night as well.
Here is Logan and me in my sleeping bag I took out with us on the second night. It was actually cool to all be in the garage together. The garage door was closed so it nice and cozy and not too cold.
Thats my weekend in pictures. Saturday I just hung out and went grocery shopping while Stanley was working.







I called those dumb weeds "lettuce cactus". I let one get too big last summer and then couldn't get rid of it because it pierced my leather glove.
ReplyDelete